June and July 2020 will also become memorable, but for all the wrong reasons. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, trains, planes and automobiles are all suspects in spreading a persistent virus.
According to the Center for Disease Control COVID-19 cases and deaths have been reported in all 50 states. Because travel increases your chances of getting infected and spreading COVID-19 to others, staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from getting sick. Here is why:
1) Even if you don’t have symptoms, you can spread COVID-19 to others while traveling.
2) Being within 6 feet of others increases your chances of getting infected and infecting others.
3) If you get infected while traveling you can spread COVID-19 to loved ones when you return, even if you don’t have symptoms
As a result, June and July 2020 will be a summer of reflection, creativity, and mindfulness. I do yoga, walk daily, and count my blessings. My new normal consist of:
- Reading motivational books
- Walking slowly to take in nature
- Listening to music as relaxation with great headphones
- Establishing “Gratitude Hour” with a beautiful journal
- Giving of my time and talent to a cause I a passionate about
Most of all, I am remaining inspired while limiting negative messages, people and events to a few hours a day.